I personally like to cut back on my intake of wheat and gluten, so I thought I’d make a batch of spelt and buckwheat pizza pockets and choose slightly healthier fillings. This is what I came up with 🙂
2 teaspoons yeast
300g warm water
2 teaspoons bread improver (please make sure its organic, the non organic stuff is horrible)
400g spelt flour (white and unbleached)
1 teaspoon salt
Fillings – Nitrate free bacon, cheese, capsicum, mushrooms, baby spinach, Superfoods for Kidz vital veggie powder etc
Here’s what you do:
* Grind buckwheat in Thermomix on speed 9, 30 seconds.
* Add all other ingredients (apart from fillings) in the order above and mix for 6 seconds, speed 6
* Let it rise in a warm place until the dough doubles in size (takes about 30 minutes)
* Break off roll size pieces of dough and flatten it out. Put your filling ontop and roll the dough around the filling, pinching the ends. Put the pinched ends facing down on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
* Brush milk on top of rolls to make them nice and brown (optional)
* Put them into a cold oven. Turn oven on to 180 degrees, and cook for around 25-35 minutes or until cooked.
* Let the cool on a wrack. Once cooled wrap them in cling wrap and freeze (if they last that long!)