This will leave your skin feeling silky smooth and smelling wonderful. Its CHEAP and EASY to make. It makes a lot, so would make a lovely gift, any teacher would be happy with this one.
- 1 x 80-100g Scented Bar Soap (or any scent you like) cubed.
- 2 ltrs boiling water (you may need an extra litre)
- 130g Epsom Salts
- 100g Coconut Oil
Here’s what you do:
* Blitz cubed soap and Epsom Salt until fine – gradually working from speed 2 to 8, about 8-10 seconds. You want this consistency, like a powder almost.
* Add boiling water up to the 1.1L mark of your Thermomix, and add the coconut oil. Mix 3 mins / speed 3 on 90 degrees or until well combined
* Pour into big bowl (glass or stainless steel is best) and leave for at least 6 hours (overnight is best). It will look like runny water at the start but it will thicken up. Mix every now and then.
*After the 6 or so hours is up, mine became too think and I had to add half at a time back into the thermomix with another 500mls cooled boiled water. So I actually ended up with nearly 3lts of hand/body wash. If this happens, mix it on speed 4 for about 10 or so seconds, until its mixed together.
This is great in the bath or shower, in a hand pump or as a gift. The Epsom Salts will help relax tired muscles and the coconut oil is a natural moisturiser.
Note – Be sure to get natural salts as some are man made and a full of unwanted chemicals. A lot of epsom salts are made from synthetic materials, they are manufactured in factories from neutralized Sulfuric Acid, which is very high in heavy metals and arsenic. The REAL epsom salt is naturally occurring mineral deposit in spring.